In today’s economy, most small business owners can’t afford to make mistakes. A rough year or a few major losses can be enough to make a small company go under, especially in the first few years of operation. That’s why it’s so important to make smart choices, look for ways to save on expenses, and perhaps most importantly, protect your assets.
Whether you run a retail business or offer a service, you probably have plenty of valuable assets in your establishment. This includes things like cash registers, computers, safes and other physical items of value. There’s also private data, such as records, credit cards and other sensitive information that belongs to your clients or staff. Unless you know how to protect your physical space, chances are that you’ll deal with a major hassle at one point or another.
Avoiding Break-ins: The Power of Surveillance Security Systems
When physical locations are armed with alarm systems, it discourages crime. Rutgers University School of Criminal Justice did a study that found security systems led to a decrease in burglaries during a five-year period. When someone is about to commit a burglary, a large sign that announces an alarm system is in place usually makes them think twice.
Protecting Assets from Damages
Small businesses can be damaged by more than just break-ins and burglaries. Surveillance systems offer protection against natural threats as well. A good monitoring system could potentially save you from a fire, a broken water pipe or any other threat that has the potential to destroy everything you’ve worked so hard to build.
The Types of Alarm Systems
We have a number of options available for small businesses. These include:
- Wireless motion detectors. Is someone moving around inside or outside of your business when the place is supposed to be empty?
- Alarm monitoring. When an alarm is triggered, the team at Seacoast Security will get help on the way quickly.
- Video surveillance. We will keep an eye on your business to make sure everything stays safe.
- Fire alarm systems. If a fire breaks out during off hours, you won’t have to worry about your business.
- We have a variety of special systems, such as temperature monitoring and access control.
The type of system you need will depend on what you do, what assets you have and what your priorities are. A jewelry store needs different protection than a candy shop. If you have questions about what sort of system you need for your small business, please contact Seacoast Security today. We are ready and waiting to help you keep your business and all of your assets secure.