Warm weather isn’t the only thing that attracts intruders during the summer. Families often take vacations together during the summer months, leaving their homes unoccupied for a number of days. Some families are even away for the entire season! To keep the intruders away, keep these tips in mind:
- DO NOT tell your Facebook friends that you are going away.
- Lock all outside doors and windows before you leave the house, even for a short time, and before you go to bed.
- Leave some lights on when you go out. If you go away for a longer length of time, use automatic timers to turn the lights on and off.
- Keep your garage doors locked and closed.
- Ask someone that you trust to pick up your mail and newspaper deliveries so they don’t build up while you’re away.
- Have a caretaker or a trusted friend check in on your home.
- Arrange to have your lawn mowed if you will be away for a long period of time.
- Use deadbolt locks on all outside doors.
- Consider a Seacoast Security system for your home. We offer a number of options, including alarms, monitoring, and advanced technology that allows you to look check on your home from computers and mobile devices.
At Seacoast Security, we are committed to find the best ways to ensure our customers’ safety in their own homes. For more information about our security systems, call our Rockport, Maine office at (207)-236-4876 or request a quote here.