In News, Safety

The kids are out for summer and vacations are in full force. For many, that entails camping or visiting summer homes. While most people do not experience any issues when opening their RVs or homes, several accidents and injuries happen every year.

Recently, a father and son in Waldoboro were badly injured with severe burns after a propane leak in their summer home caused an explosion. The men were able to get out of the house through a basement window, but the home was a total loss. While they are still not sure which appliance was leaking, the men had turned on the dryer. Both men received treatment and are recovering, but their close call will leave scars, and their summer home was lost.

As you begin preparing your camper or summer home for family, friends, and forever memories make sure you are staying safe. Review safety manuals for RVs and appliances and test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working properly and are up to date.

For additional tips on how to identify and handle fuel leak issues, contact Seacoast Security.

Start typing and press Enter to search